GEFA COVID-19 Update
Due to the COVID-19 virus, GEFA staff are working remotely—with minimal staff in the office—to ensure our programs continue operating smoothly.
Solar Resiliency Technical Assistance Program
GEFA is providing feasibility studies and professional technical assistance for local governments in solar energy and storage resiliency.
The program will help local governments create resilient critical facilities using solar plus energy storage and identify the technical solutions available to achieve the highest and best use of their resources.
The feasibility study is free for the local government and will include:
- Researching project options;
- Site visit to review project options, gather information and provide technical guidance;
- Engineering cost estimates for proposed technology;
- Help defining project parameters;
- Economic modeling; and
- Preparation of preliminary project budget(s).
The application period opens on Monday, April 6, 2020, at 9:00 a.m.
Feasibility studies will be completed by August 31, 2020.