GEFA COVID-19 Update
Due to the COVID-19 virus, GEFA staff are working remotely—with minimal staff in the office—to ensure our programs continue operating smoothly.
Fuel Storage Tank Program
GEFA provides a cleaner, healthier environment by managing state-owned fuel storage tanks.
The Fuel Storage Tank Program (FSTP) serves as the central management office for state agencies and institutions with fuel storage tanks, and is responsible for more than 600 underground and aboveground storage tanks at different locations throughout the state.
- Assists with installing, removing, and upgrading state-owned fuel storage tanks
- Conducts environmental cleanup
- Facilitates fuel storage tank preventative maintenance and repair
- Manages annual maintenance inspections conducted by private companies
Contact us for more information on the following topics:
- Preventative maintenance and repairs
- Regulatory inspections
- Operator training
- Environmental monitoring
- Remediation and tank closures