State Revolving Fund Call for Projects

Complete information for the State Revolving Fund (SRF) project solicitation process for potential loan applicants is provided here. Potential projects must complete a pre-application to be included in the SRF Intended Use Plan.

Annual Base State Revolving Fund and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Supplemental Funding

The Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) is a federally-funded loan program that provides funding for a wide variety of water quality and non-point source projects, as well as water and energy conservation projects. The call for projects period is closed.

The Drinking Water State Revolving Fund is a federally-funded loan program that provides funding for water supply projects that address a public health or compliance related problem, as well as water and energy conservation projects. This call for projects period is closed.

Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Lead Service Line Replacement 

The 2023 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) Lead Service Line Replacement Request for Interest call for projects period is closed.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Is there principal forgiveness available and how does my project qualify to receive principal forgiveness?

Congress has not released the 2022 appropriation bill that covers the EPA. Consequently, GEFA does not know if the congressional appropriation language for the SRF programs will include any provisions for the required allotment of principal forgiveness. GEFA will then apply the provisions of the appropriation bill to the project list.

2. Will the SRF program fund water and energy conservation projects?

The SRF Program does fund a variety of water and energy conservation projects, as well as projects for energy production such as renewable energy from wind, solar, geothermal, and micro-hydro power production. The solicitation document also provides information on other environmentally-innovative projects funded by the programs.

3. What if my project is listed toward the bottom of the Fundable List; can I still receive funding?

The Fundable List will list all pre-applications submitted in descending order according to score. Projects toward the bottom of the Fundable List can still receive loan funding through the SRF program. Only projects that score high enough to receive principal forgiveness and are eligible to receive principal forgiveness via the Affordability Criteria will be allotted principal forgiveness. The SRF programs have ample funds to provide low-interest loan financing for many of the projects on the list.

4. What if only a portion of my project fits under the definition of water or energy conservation? Can the entire project get an interest rate reduction?

No. GEFA will provide an interest rate reduction only for eligible water or energy conservation activities. If your project includes a water or energy conservation component, and a traditional non-water or energy conservation component, GEFA will provide an interest rate reduction for the eligible component only, and finance the regular activities at the prevailing SRF program interest rate.

5. What if I need to make a change to a pre-application that I already submitted through the GEFA website?

The online SRF project pre-application process does not allow an applicant to change information previously submitted. If you need to make a change to a pre-application, please contact GEFA staff prior to the pre-application deadline of Monday, February 28, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. GEFA staff can change a pre-application that has already been submitted. After Monday, February 28, 2021, pre-application information cannot be changed.

6. Can I save half of the information entered into the pre-application and return later to complete the remaining questions?

No. The design of the pre-application does not allow you to save the information and return later. The button on the top left titled "Save" will submit the pre-application to GEFA.

7. Can a consulting engineering firm complete the pre-application?

Yes. A consulting engineering firm, working on behalf of its client, can complete the pre-application form. Consulting engineers must certify that the information is true and accurate, and the applicant has been consulted concerning the information provided.

8. Will a copy of the pre-application be emailed to me for my records once submitted?

Yes. A copy of the pre-application will be emailed to the applicant and the consulting engineer using the email address provided in the pre-application form.

9. Do I need a GEFA loan number to complete a pre-application? Do I need a GEFA loan number to submit environmental documentation to the Environmental Protection Division (EPD)?

Applicants do not need a GEFA-provided loan number to submit a pre-application. EPD will require a GEFA-provided loan number for submitting environmental documentation for approval. EPD requests this number in order to maintain appropriate tracking of all projects. If your community needs a loan number to accompany environmental documents, and a GEFA application has not yet been submitted, please contact GEFA, and we will provide you with a loan number to accompany your environmental submittal to EPD.

10. How will principal forgiveness eligibility be determined?

Principal forgiveness eligibility will be determined via the CWSRF and DWSRF Affordability Criteria, which considers factors such as median household income (MHI), unemployment rate, population trends of the borrower.

11. Will my project be required to comply with the Davis-Bacon wage rate requirement and the new American Iron and Steel (AIS) requirement?

All “treatment works” projects will be required to comply with the Davis-Bacon wage rate requirement and the new AIS requirement. Treatment Works projects are defined as, “any devices and systems used in the storage, treatment, recycling, and reclamation of municipal sewage or industrial wastes of a liquid nature to implement section 201 of this act, or necessary to recycle or reuse water at the most economical cost over the estimated life of the works, including intercepting sewers, outfall sewers, sewage collection systems, pumping, power, and other equipment, and their appurtenances; extensions, improvements, remodeling, additions, and alterations thereof; elements essential to provide a reliable recycled supply such as standby treatment units and clear well facilities; and acquisition of the land that will be an integral part of the treatment process (including land use for the storage of treated wastewater in land treatment systems prior to land application) or will be used for ultimate disposal of residues resulting from such treatment and acquisition of other land, and interests in land, that are necessary for construction.”