GEFA COVID-19 Update
Due to the COVID-19 virus, GEFA staff are working remotely—with minimal staff in the office—to ensure our programs continue operating smoothly.
The Energy Resources Division promotes energy efficiency, renewable energy, and energy assistance programs that improve the environment, strengthen quality of life, and stimulate sustainable economic development and growth.
- The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), available to eligible households in all of Georgia’s 159 counties, reduces energy costs and addresses health and safety concerns.
- The Georgia Energy Challenge assists state agencies with tracking and saving energy and related costs.
- Energy performance contracting allows the state to finance building improvements designed to lower energy consumption.
- The State Energy Program provides financial assistance and technical support for energy efficiency and renewable energy programs.
- The State Energy Strategy for Georgia provides information on Georgia’s statewide energy planning initiatives.
- The Fuel Storage Tank Program (FSTP) provides a cleaner and healthier environment for all Georgians through the management and monitoring of fuel storage tanks.
- The Energy Assurance Program works closely with the Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA), other state agencies and private sector stakeholders to develop energy emergency planning resources and to lead exercises designed to ensure better emergency management coordination.
|Sign up for our mailing lists.|