Water Conservation Financing
GEFA finances water conservation projects in the areas of utility-water loss and end-use water efficiency.
A 1 percent interest rate reduction is available on water conservation loans made from the Georgia Fund, the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF), and the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF). Eligible water conservation projects include:
- Installing or retrofitting water efficient devices, such as plumbing fixtures and appliances;
- Implementing incentive programs to conserve water, such as rebates for water efficient fixtures;
- Installing water meters in previously unmetered areas;
- Replacing broken or malfunctioning water meters or upgrading existing water meters with Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) systems;
- Recycling and water use projects replacing potable sources with non-potable sources; and
- Replacing or rehabilitating distribution pipe to reduce water loss and prevent water main breaks.
Click here for more information on GEFA’s conservation financing.
Click here for application information.