Reduce energy costs and address health and safety concerns through weatherization.
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) increases the energy efficiency of dwellings owned or occupied by low-income persons. WAP uses Whole House Weatherization, which treats the house as a single energy-consuming system, rather than a loose collection of unrelated pieces of equipment. It requires advanced diagnostic skills and cost-effective measure selection and installation. These conservation measures result in energy and cost savings. Single-family homes, multifamily buildings and mobile homes are eligible.
Energy-efficiency measures performed through the program may include:
- Air and duct sealing
- Wall, floor and attic insulation
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system improvements
- Energy efficiency improvements in lighting
- Hot water tank and pipe insulation
- Water conservation devices