Application period open for new round of water loss technical assistance
The Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA) invites eligible Georgia water systems to apply for a fourth round, Phase IIc, of water loss technical assistance from the federal Drinking Water State Revolving Fund. Eligible water systems include:
- Systems that serve 3,300 – 100,000 individuals, and
- Systems that submit a certified 2016 water audit to the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) by March 1, 2017.
The technical assistance is intended to fund project needs that have been identified by the water audits, with the objective of improving water audit data validity scores and reducing water loss. In support of these objectives, the project types that will be considered for funding in Phase IIc are:
- Finished Water Meter Testing
- Customer Water Meter Testing
- Pilot Leak Detection
- Large Diameter Condition Assessment and Leak Detection
- Pilot District Meter Area (DMA) Evaluation
- Pilot Pressure Management Evaluation
The size and number of projects completed through this technical assistance program will be determined based on the number of applicants and available funding. Similar to the previous rounds of technical assistance, no local match is required.
Questions about completing the application should be directed to Larry Lewison with Cavanaugh at 828-712-9235 or email@example.com.
Applications are due by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, March 14, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. EST.