The GLCP provides financing for local governments, state agencies and non-government organizations (NGOs) for permanent land conservation projects.
The Georgia Land Conservation Program (GLCP) offers:
- Grants for fee title or conservation easement purchases to state agencies from the Georgia Land Conservation Trust Fund.
- Low-interest loans for fee title or conservation easement purchases from the Georgia Land Conservation Revolving Loan Fund.
- State income tax credits for donations of conservation lands or conservation easements.
Both the GEFA board of directors and the Land Council must approve financing for a project before it can receive a loan.
All direct costs of activities required to permanently protect approved conservation lands can be funded as part of a successful grant or loan application, including:
- Purchase price, if any;
- Required due diligence, such as appraisals, surveys, phase 1 environmental site assessments, and title insurance commitments; and
- Other fees for services, provided, that said fees are consistent with O.C.G.A. §43-40 and O.C.G.A. §12-6A-2(6). The GLCP encourages projects with passive recreational uses, but does not fund the acquisition of land for, or the development of, more intensive recreational areas such as ballfields, playgrounds or public parking areas. The GLCP does not fund staff time or positions related to project acquisition.
Visit the GLCP website for more information.