The Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA) has one application for all regular water, sewer, and solid waste loan programs (any competitive, deadline-specific application process may have a separate application). Prior to starting an application, please review the Application Part I Instructions (PDF). The application consists of two parts.
Application Part I requests project related information such as:
- Applicant contact information;
- Total dollar amount requested from GEFA and other funding sources;
- Project name and description;
- Engineer contact information; and,
- Projected project budget and construction schedule
GEFA uses the information provided in Application Part II along with the audits from the previous four years to assess the financial ability of each applicant. Prior to starting the second part of the application, please review Application Part II Instructions (PDF).
Application Part II requests financial information from the applicant. Items requested include:
- Attorney and auditor contact information;
- Audits over the last four years;
- Bond ordinances and amortization schedules;
- Water and/or sewer rate structure;
- Revenue and expense information surrounding the project;
- Desired amortization period;
- Water system customer information; and,
- Property tax collection information.